Course to Open from Saturday
After a lot of confusion, on 1/4/20 Golf NSW sent a communication to Golf Clubs. It said, in part, that Clubhouse operations are to remain closed. However, golfing operations including club amenities such as toilets/restrooms, Pro Shops etc. may be accessed, provided spatial/social distancing regulations are adhered to. As a result, we are opening the course commencing on Saturday. There will be a medley competition and you can book into the time sheet from tonight. (in twos)
At this stage we plan to have the course open for social play on Sunday. Hire carts will not be available on Social days. More on that tomorrow when we finalise the protocols.
Previous guidelines on how to meet the regulations are still in force. In order to meet these, the Board and the Match Committee have made the following changes:
- No sharing of golf carts
- Adhere to the 1.5 metre (or 2 club length?) distancing rules as a minimum
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth because your hands touch many different surfaces and can easily pick up viruses
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands
- Don’t shake hands
- Don’t attend the golf club if you feel ill, or have been in contact with someone who is
- If you are over 70 or in a vulnerable group, stay at home.
- No presentations at the conclusion of competitions
- Introduce the new modified Rules of Golf so that flag sticks and bunker rakes aren’t touched
- Reduce hole depth
- Sanitise carts after each hire.
- There is a limit of 1 person in the Pro Shop at any time and the door is left open.
- Modified Rules have been introduced. See the Notice Board and read Rickaby Ramblings for details.
Golf NSW warns that a single instance where social distancing and other regulations are ignored could result in the entire state being banned from playing a game that maintains our health, both physical and mental, when we need it most.
From the Match Committee on Behalf of the Board